- Can't find the Bluetooth or WiFi of the dongle?
If convenient, you can test it with another iPhone. If only a specific iPhone cannot find the Bluetooth or WiFi of the dongle, please try to reset the network and Bluetooth settings of this iPhone and then restart the phone once; if the same problem happens on other iPhones, the unit may be defective. In this case, please let us know and we will solve it for you.
- Car screen freezes? Unable to pair successfully? The car head unit cannot recognize the device?
Please let us know your car model, then we will send you the firmware update to try.
- Persistent disconnection?
The dongle relies on a WiFi connection to your phone to work. Dropped connections are usually caused by wifi interference. Do you have other wifi devices in your car, such as a car camera with WiFi function? If so, you may need to ignore other wifi networks when using the dongle. You can also improve this problem by resetting your mobile WLAN network. Also, updating the firmware of your dongle is worth trying(we need you to tell us your car model, then we will send you the update).
- Audio input or output issues: calls rejected or forwarded to voicemail/no play sound/microphone not working/music playback interrupted or paused/voice functioning abnormally...
1. Please check your phone's Bluetooth to see if it is connected to another device. If so, please ignore other auto-connected Bluetooth devices; 2. Clear the programs running in the background of your phone when using the dongle.
- Can the adapter be paired with multiple phones?
The dongle can be paired with multiple iPhones, but only one device can be connected at a time. Please note, by Bluetooth function default, the dongle's system will only auto-connect back to the last used iPhone.
- Unable to automatically reconnect?
In some cars, we need to select "automatic connection" in the CarPlay settings, so that the automatic connection function of the dongle can be used.
1. Please make sure that the Bluetooth and WiFi functions of your mobile phone are turned on and the Bluetooth is not occupied when you get in the car;
2. Clear the pairing record, restart the phone and re-pair the dongle.